16 Year Old Back to Back World Champion

Junior Danielle Mohr has greatly excelled in cheerleading both for WHS and when winning back-to-back world championships outside of school.
World Cheerleading Affiliate
Danielle Mohr (11) with her second consecutive world championship trophy.

Danielle Mohr, a 16-year-old junior at Woodbridge High School, has greatly excelled in cheerleading both for the school and on her own. Her crowning achievement has been winning back-to-back world championships at the World Cheerleading Competition. 

“(I was) nervous and it was scary,” said Mohr, “it was also fun because you get to live in the moment” 

The two-day World Cheerleading competition is held in Orlando, Florida at ESPN World of Sports as well as many other different competitions like nationals. This is where you get to perform in front of judges and give it your all to be crowned the best All-Star cheerleading team in the world. 

Danielle, talking about her post-performance feeling, said the nerves never disappeared, even though she had experienced the pressure of performing the year before.

“I felt more nervous because then you have to worry about if you made it to day two,” said Mohr.

Even though Danielle has greatly excelled in her All-Star Cheerleading career she also is a part of the Woodbridge High School cheerleading team. Her coach Stacey Dercole is having a great pleasure coaching such a skilled athlete.

“It was a great feeling knowing that there is someone with such experience to help others who may not have that same experience,” said Dercole.

Being able to be on a team with someone of that level can be so inspiring and helpful at times. 

“The girls on the team looked up to and respected Danielle and saw her as a role model,” said Dercole, “it helped the other girls want to do better and gave them the confidence that this team could succeed and be the best they could be.”