Good Burger 2 Hits Paramount+

The sequel to the successful 1997 original hit the popular streaming service over Thanksgiving Weekend
IMDB
A poster for Good Burger 2.

In a delightful turn of events, the much-anticipated sequel “Good Burger 2” has hit the screens, reviving the iconic charm of the original film that became a fan favorite classic in the late 90’s. Directed by Brian Robbins and starring Kel Mitchell and Kenan Thompson reprising their roles as Ed and Dexter, this sequel serves up a genus portion of nostalgia with a side of laughter.

The film kicks off with Ed and Dexter now running their successful restaurant, Good Burger, now a local sensation. However, their world turns upside down when a corporate fast food giant, Megabite, led by the eccentric and conniving CEO Simon Butterworth, threatens to make way for a new Megabite franchise.

The plot takes an unexpected twist as Ed and Dexter embark on a hilarious mission to save their beloved burger joint. Along the way, they encounter a new generation of quirky characters; including a tech-savvy teenager with dreams of becoming a chef and a sassy AI burger-flipping robot.

The Strengths

One of the strengths of “Good Burger 2” is its ability to blend the familiar with the fresh seamlessly. The filmmakers pay homage to the original while introducing modern elements that resonate with today’s audience. The chemistry between Mitchell and Thompson remains as infectious as ever, eliciting genuine laughs throughout the film.

The script, penned by Dan Schneider and Kevin Kopelow, cleverly weaves together humor and heart, capturing the essence of the original while adding layers to the characters. The dialogue is peppered with witty one-liners and clever references that will tickle the fancy of longtime fans while ensuring newcomers feel right at home.

The visual appeal of “Good Burger 2” is a feast for the eyes. The vibrant colors and playful cinematography create a whimsical atmosphere that mirrors the carefree, particularly the restraint shown in the revamped Good Burger’s set, blending the nostalgia of the past with a contemporary flair.

The supporting cast, including Jack Black’s scene-stealing performance as the villainous CEO, adds another layer of comedic brilliance to the film. Black’s over-the-top portrayal of Simon Butterworths is both ridiculous and delightful, making him a memorable antagonist that rivals the original film’s Kurt Bozwell.

Conclusion

While “Good Burger 2” is undeniably a comedy, it doesn’t shy away from delivering a positive message about the importance of friendship, perseverance, and staying true to oneself. The film manages to strike a lance between its humorous antics and heartfelt moments making it an enjoyable watch for audiences of all ages.

In conclusion, “Good Burger 2” serves up a delightful blend of nostalgia and contemporary humor, delivering a sequel that pays homage to the original and stands on its own as a genuinely entertaining film. With its stellar cast, witty writing, and visually appealing presentation, this sequel is a welcome addition to the world of comedy, leaving audiences with a satisfied appetite for laughter.