U Got Brains Works Its Way In WHS

Woodbridge High School U Got Brains? club helping spread caution over safe driving

During+the+Winter+School+Prep+Rally%2C+the+boys+basketball+team+holds+the+U+Got+Brains+banner+to+support+safe+driving.+

Photo Credit: Cassie Ronk

During the Winter School Prep Rally, the boys basketball team holds the U Got Brains banner to support safe driving.

U Got Brains is a program at Woodbridge High School educating new drivers about rules of the road in a mission to help keep both drivers and pedestrians safe. This program is a statewide teen safe driving contest for high school students.

This program is ran by staff members of Woodbridge High School, Mr. Clarke and Mrs. Burke. It is driven by a majority of students ranging from sophomores to seniors and the two student appointees, President Cassie Ronk and Vice President Matthew De Jesus.

Mrs. Burke has been a part of the program for three years. When asked about some things she looks forward to in the future with this program, she said, “hopefully letting our school community be safer for drivers and obeying our laws. ”

When asked the same question, VP Matthew De Jesus responded, “I think every time we meet or even do community events, we are one step closer to keeping pedestrians and drivers more safe and aware. With that, I really look forward to the impact we make on the community each year.”

U Got Brains is involved with the community greatly. Recently, they participated in the townships St. Patrick’s Day Parade. When it comes down to event planning whether it being held in school or out of, the work with the Woodbridge police department to organize some of the things planned.

The club has a total of 15 members. Sheenika, a junior who has been involved with the club in the beginning of this year, said, “I think working with the police department helps the program because the more community involved, the better”.

It is important to be aware when on the road.  With so many possible distractions, drivers, especially teens, are likely to lose focus on the roads. WHS U Got Brains is always seeking to help educate and even save a life.