Woodbridge High School Explores French Culture

The+French+Honor+Society+display+flyers+on+French+Week+throughout+WHS.+

The French Honor Society display flyers on French Week throughout WHS.

Woodbridge High School French students will be experiencing French culture November 18th to November 22nd, thanks to the French language teachers. The French Week will allow students to connect more with the language by experiencing French culture. French students will get to experience French cuisine, music, dance, and traditions. 

National French Week begins from November 4 through November 10th. Since Woodbridge High School has fall break during that week. Madame William and Madame Zeitz moved back French week so students could participate. From the 18th of November to the 22nd of November, French Honor Society will be sponsoring a variety of activities for students to participate in. Some of the activities for this week after school  are, crepe making day, French Bake sale, French Movie, French Crafts, and a French Trivia. 

Ms. Zeitz is a French Teacher at Woodbridge High School, who has taught here for over 20 years, and has kept French Week festivities as a tradition at Woodbridge High School. “French Week is an opportunity for students to become familiar with French culture,” Mme. Zeitz said. 

Daniel Tajes is a senior at Woodbridge High School and vice president of the French Honor Society. Daniel Tajes  has been taking French since his freshman year, and he’ll be participating in French Week for the fourth time at Woodbridge High School.  “I will be advertising, and helping out with all the events we have planned,” Tajes said.  

Madame Williams is a French Teacher at Woodbridge High School, and she is also in charge of French Honor Society, alongside Madame Zeitz. Madame Williams and Madame Zeitz will involve French students, by planning activities after school, and having a trip to Ross Street School to teach elementary students french. 

The after school activities are open to all students of Woodbridge High School. French students will be holding their own activities in class. “[French] students in class will be doing activities to discover how French is used and spoken right here in our community and our state,” Mme. Williams said. 

Students who are interested in attending any of the events, should look for flyers around the school, or listen to the announcements in the morning.