WHS Dominates Whiteout Game

At Woodbridge High School on September 6th, at John F. Kennedy High School there was a whiteout game held for football. 

As the end of the season approaches WHS celebrates one of the most anticipated games of the season. The game ended with a 56-0 score. Declaring a big win for Woodbridge. 

Mr. LaSala, coach of The Barrons football team states the main goal was to “go out there and win. We knew that was a game we were supposed to win, so we didn’t want to have any letdowns. And for the most part, we were able to handle our business.” 

There were no regrets from the team or LaSala. With the final score being  56-0, senior football player Jack Brenner at WHS states that he believes that everyone contributed to the game, and the win as a whole. “Not only this week but every week whether it be during games or in practice just going hard and keeping that energy going into Fridays is the reason we have been able to do this as of late.”

Throughout the halftime show, JFK introduced their mystery Mustang mascot, Joe Lepinski. Best known as “Jersey Joe” he is a former alumnus, performing a dance as the Mustang. He performs TikTok dance videos with around 1.7 million followers. 

School Spirit

Recently the faculty has been encouraging school spirit. During this game, many students celebrated victories with baby powder, white capes, and wigs in light of the whiteout theme. 

Senior cheerleader Justine MontLouis expresses sadness about the season ending soon. However, it introduces future themes for games such as pink outs, neon, and camo. As well as giving out glow sticks, t-shirts, and footballs for the student section in light of the encouragement of school spirit. 

Although both MontLouis and Brenner expressed sadness for the near end of the season. Brenner believes they will make it to the playoffs so the season might not end so soon. They both hope the season will reach the championships, for their last year.