Lil’ Tecca Releases New Album

Four years since his last, the 21-year old is back on the music charts.
Apple Music
The cover art for Lil’ Tecca’s new album, “Tec”

Lil’ Tecca Returns

It has been four years Queens, New York rapper Lil’ Tecca blew up from his 2019 summer hit “Ransom” at the age of 16. After his summer hit, the 21-year old recorded an album named “We Love You Tecca,” which had hits like “AMIGO,” which peaked at No. 13 on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 chart, “Did It Again” which became popular on TikTok and peaked at No. 64 on the Billboard Hot 100 and “Bossanova” another song that gained TikTok popularity.

In 2020, when the world was experiencing a global pandemic, Lil’ Tecca dropped “Virgo World,” a project that not many fans liked.  On Friday, September 22, 2023, Lil’ Tecca released his long awaited third studio album “Tec.” The album was released under Gallactic/Republic Records to all streaming services.

The album “Tec” features the likes of Ken Carson and Kodak Black. The album was very smooth and fast paced. Some of the songs were certainly better than others but, his hit song “500lbs” is by far the best song on the album. “Hvn On Earth,” featuring Pompano Beach rapper Kodak Black, is racking up millions of streams and even peaked No. 88 on the Billboard Top 100. In this album, Lil’ Tecca still manages to retain his playful urgency while retaining his slippery flow and versatile melodies that he used in his 2019 hit “Ransom.” 

The Verdict

This album is proof that Lil’ Tecca has been working on his craft. his old albums fans complained about how his music was “childish” with every song sounding the same. This album shows you that he has really grown as a rapper and that he listens to his fans. This album sounds way better and mature then his other albums. Like other rappers, Lil’ Tecca doesn’t create for popularity, he makes what he likes and it works for him. You can tell that it’s working for him because he has a lot of hits on this album like “Hvn On Earth,” “FELL IN LOVE,”  and songs like “Tripping On U,” “U Don’t Know Tec” and “Either Way.”