Homecoming King and Queen To Be Announced October 6th

Amber Spearnock, Photographer

Seniors gather in Principal Lottmann’s office after being named members of the Homecoming Court. The King and Queen will be crowned on Friday, October 6th during a special halftime event at the Woodbridge vs. JFK football game. (Pictured: Curtis Nesbit, Edinam Bradley, Samantha Nedza, Brittany Sa, Charity Daramola, Gabby D’Emilio, Cameron Christine, Andrew Fuentes, and Ambar Coto. Not pictured: Adnan Kolenovic and Patrick Petro.)

On October 6th, the annual WHS Homecoming King and Queen will be announced during halftime when the varsity football team takes on the John F. Kennedy Memorial High School Mustangs.

The court includes senior girls Siena Caforio, Ambar Coto, Gabby D’Emilio, Charity Daramola, Samantha Nedza, and Brittany Sa. The boys’ court includes Adnan Kolenovic, Edinam Bradley, Cameron Christine, Andrew Fuentes, Curtis Nesbit, and Patrick Petro.

Adnan Kolenovic, a member of the boys’ volleyball team, was “extremely surprised” when he was told that he was nominated. “Being nominated means so much [to me]. I always wanted to be a bigger part of this school, not just in clubs or sports,” Kolenovic said

Varsity cheerleader and Senior Class Officer Brittany Sa said, “It’s humbling to know that the relationships I have created with everyone are being recognized.” She finds this experience to be humbling and fulfilling. Like most nominees, Brittany was shocked but ultimately feels honored. 

Nominee Gabby D’Emilio, who is on the girls’ varsity soccer team, said that she could not believe it when she found out she made the top six. “Getting to the top six means so much to me. It’s such an honor,” D’Emilio said.

The Homecoming King and Queen process begins when Mr. Switek, the Senior Class Advisor, solicits nominations from the faculty. He asks teachers to “name one deserving young lady and one deserving young gentleman to represent the senior class in the Homecoming court.”

The students are approved by the administration and then presented to the senior class. The top six girls and boys fill out the court, and the students who receive the most votes are crowned king and queen.

The game begins at 7pm and student admission is $1.