The Ballad of The Songbirds and Snakes

The prequel to the popular Hunger Games movies hit theatres on November 17.
The cover of the prequel novel by Suzanna Collins

On November 17th, The Hunger Games: The Ballad of The Songbirds and Snakes was released. It is a prequel to The Hunger Games series, Catching Fire, The Mockingjay Part 1, and The Mockingjay Part 2. 

The film stars Tom Blynth playing as the character  Coriolanus Snow also referred to as “Snow/ Coryo”. The movie focuses on character’s development as a young man. He tries to regain the glory of his family name as he guides Lucy Gray Baird to his tribute. Gray Co star, and is played by Rachel Zegler.   

Collin’s Collection

Through the previously released Suzanne Collins’ 2008-2010 film trilogy. Snow is named the president of Panem, a dystopian nation. Known as the antagonist showing countless acts of evil and poor moral intuition. In the dystopian films there are games that are held as punishment for rebellion against the Capitol. To avoid this from reoccurring the Capitol holds these annual reaping where each District has a randomly selected boy and girl, who will then be put to fight to the death for an ultimate “Victor”. 

This plot is similar to the current film directed by Francis Lawrence, except it goes in depth of the characters Snow and Gray’s relationship as sponsor and tribute. When it is announced that his tribute is Gray he is advised that he should make her feel welcomed. Whoever wins must be a “fan favorite”. 

He then takes matters into his own hands and finds a way to introduce himself to Gray, where they then deepen their connection that later develops into something more romantic. 

Through the games Snow fights for Gray to win. Doing whatever he can to make sure she wins. Going as far as even cheating, which was later brought to light. He is then punished and forced to remain as a Peacekeeper in the districts, and Gray was taken away from him.

As the plot unfolds he is then reunited with Gray, but, he lets his evil impulses take over and once again loses Lucy Gray, however, it is permanent this time.