Dress by the Book: Following the Barron Dress Code

Woodbridge High School students do their best to consistently follow the dress code policy. Students were informed of dress code throughout the first week of the school year.

Madison Carral, Reporter

At the start of every year, students are reminded of the Woodbridge Township School District’s dress code policy by the administration at all grade assemblies.

The dress code is designed to be beneficial to the education and future of Woodbridge High School students.

If a student violates the policy, he or she will be written up and will face consequences from an administrator, Mr.Chiera or Mr.Perry. “For the first incident, students are warned and receive a copy of the school Dress Code Policy. Following that incident, students may receive ACS. Each violation, the discipline increases,” Mr. Chiera said.

Two of the most common violations are wearing slide sandals or sagging pants, which are also considered a safety precaution. Mr. Chiera said, “This policy is in place to ensure the safety of our students and help breed a positive school culture.”

Although student opinion may deem the dress codes as unfair, there are students who can see why the policy is a necessity. Sophomore Millie Mullings is one of them. Although she may not agree completely with the policy, she said, “It’s a good idea to have.”

The dress code policy has not been amended this year. Students are directed to wear close-toed shoes, shorts must reach the finger tip in length, low cut shirts are not permitted, and tank tops, tube tops, or tops exposing the midriff and torso are forbidden.

All students are encouraged to follow the dress code and see their guidance counselors with any questions.