The Swim Team Strives for Success

The Woodbridge High School swim team is anticipating their first meet. They participated in the Marisa’s Minnows charity swim practice.

Xavier Pazmino, Reporter

As fall sports end and all winter sports begin their seasons, a team looking to continue their success this year is the Woodbridge High School Barrons swim team. Led by Coach Morrison, the swim team finished with a 7-5 record last season.

Challenges are present for every team and Coach Morrison is aware of the challenges that his team is facing this year. “My goal for this year is to improve both individual and team times. I would love to be more successful, especially against our harder opponents,” he said.

Someone who will definitely be having an impact in and out of the pool is the newly appointed Girls’ captain, Olivia Parnell.

“ I know that I may not have the fastest times, however, I do know that I have good leadership qualities. It is important to build relationships individually with everybody on the team and by showing up to every practice, working hard, and stepping up to the plate when needed shows good mentorship qualities,” she said.

Another leader looking to help with the performance of the team is Boys’ captain, Isaiah Pajaro. Heading into the final year of his swim career, Pajaro is looking to improve his personal performance in order to help his team’s overall performance.

“My goal this year as a swimmer is to see if I can drop my times. Simply, swimming comes down to you, the pool, and the clock. Being able to push yourself shows that with hard work, there are no bounds and in end, your hard work pays off,” he said.

With official meets just around the corner, the Woodbridge High School swim team will be looking to work their hardest and strive for “great” results.