El Dorado Asks for Submissions for 2022-2023 Issue

The 2022-2023 El Dorado asks for various types of artwork for this years magazine.

Savannah Alamo

A flyer in Woodbridge High School shows information regarding El Dorado submissions.

Haley Carlson, Reporter

The literary magazine and club El Dorado has an upcoming deadline for submissions for their 2022-2023 edition, which will take place on December 22, 2022.

El Dorado is a literary magazine club at Woodbridge High School that is run by Ms. Kreisel, and the student-led staff, that  “… focuses on the arts and creative writings generated by students at Woodbridge High School,” according to Ms. Kreisel.

The magazine will be available for purchase in the spring for $3.

The theme for this year’s edition is “stepping back and looking forward”, with submissions due on the 22nd.

“The literary and art magazine accepts poems, creative nonfiction essays, short stories, digital photos, artwork, such as pen and ink drawings, and photos of larger paintings and sculptures. All pieces must be school-appropriate,” said Ms. Kreisel. 

Ms. Kerisel added, “Students that are interested in submitting their original creative writing, artwork, or photography may complete an entry form and drop it off with a copy of their work to Ms.Kreisel in room 308. 

About the Students

Arya Shah is the student editor-in-chief for the magazine. 

“El Dorado presents an opportunity for students to showcase their talent, which may not otherwise be showcased. It represents another aspect of Woodbridge High School’s identity. Where we are not only good at athletics and academics, but also art and literature,” he said.

“This year I am hoping to see more artwork. Last year, we had quite a lot of poems and short stories. I think artwork will promote the magazine through visual appeal,” said Shah.

Students at Woodbridge publishing their artwork give other students the ability to explore the creativity of their peers.

Lia Katarski, a club member, “The student body can get more people engaged in the club by posting more on social media about it, and advertising to their friends and peers in their classes,” she said.

Katarski is a senior at Woodbridge High School, and a first year member of the club.

“This year I hope to see more non-fiction writing,” said Katarski.

Permission slips are available in room 308 for anyone who is interested in joining the club. For any questions see the advisor, Ms. Kreisel.